The value of UNIGIS education can be measured in many ways—from professional benefits like increased earning power to greater marketability in the workforce. Your education is an investment and one of the most important decisions you will ever make.
The fee structure for the 2+ year MSc course for all students is as follows:
- Total fee payable in a single installment – € 6.000,-
- Total fee payable in 2 equal annual installments – € 7.000 (2 * 3.500.-)
The fee for the 1+ year UNIGIS professional course is € 4.000,- and is payable in a single installment.
Course fees must be paid in advance, within the stipulated period after receiving an invoice with the confirmation of admission from the UNIGIS office. Registration to the course will be confirmed only after receipt of the invoiced course fees. Fees are subject to change. All postal communication needs to be sent through a secured system of delivery, e.g. registered post, speed post, courier service etc. We strongly suggest using a courier service or other guaranteed delivery service.
Additional costs to be budgeted
- Communication during the study time (e.g. fax, telephone, Internet)
- Purchase of hardware and software (see Study Environment for details)
- Software used in compulsory modules is available to students mostly free of charge during the active study period
- Trips to an interview or consultancy during the study period, to attend workshops, summer schools, or UNIGIS update conferences
- GIS software used in compulsory modules is available free of charge during the active study period
You may want to invest in buying essential (text) books or attend a seminar on a topic of interest to you. Your UNIGIS student status will come in handy as it entitles you to possible discounts on participation fees for seminars offered by UNIGIS partner institutions. Students also receive a 40% discount on all ESRI Virtual Campus modules; many of the Virtual Campus modules are already accessible for UNIGIS students free of charge.
Costs incurred due to extension of the study period
In case a student exceeds the time period required to complete the course, the right to receive further mentoring and assessment by Salzburg University is terminated. It is possible however to agree on the continuation of the study with the university course leadership. In this case an additional fee of 15 % of the current applicable annual course fee is due for each calendar month.
No financial support can be provided by UNIGIS@Jeddah, Z_GIS, or the University of Salzburg. However, you may qualify for financial support through your employer, national agencies, or through various scholarships.